Friday, March 27, 2009

Meditation In Action...

in more of an urban rather than suburban environment and--other than the teen/tween rec room in the basement--not a hip-hop setting.

What on earth am I on about? Just inspired by one of my laughter-therapy cable guys...kind of an in-joke for my political satirist followers/lurkers...add a comment if you're one of them.

Okay...so "Meditation in Action" is what people who are Buddhist practitioners and others who have a meditation practice--ie park your butt for a period of time each day on a cushion and observe how crazy the mind is--try to do for the other 23.13 hours of the day.

The goal is to be mindful, to observe and to act but not react. That kind of thing. Serious practitioners even welcome the inevitable irritations, annoyances and full-on psychic warfare from frenemies and worse, as an "opportunity" to be mindful.

Well as a semi-recluse, I don't have too, too much problem in the negative people interactions... though the first time that I went to a grocery store in three months (thanks to my wonderful, albeit pseudo-pa, Tom) did cause me to have a bit of a tulip turbulence...but back to my point...

There is a six-out-of-seven-day irritation that I am trying not to allow bother me...it is the mega reno that is going on across the street from the upper office. Somehow, no matter what time I nap, there are loud construction sounds...double dissonant hammers would be the minimum. I do what I can. I close the window. I stuff silicone earplugs way, way deep into the recesses of each eardrum and I try not to notice the racket or let it bug me.

On Wednesday though, the sound was so loud including back-up beeping and it went on and on and on and on that, I just had to look and see what could possibly make that much noise! It was a humungous flat-bed eighteen wheeler backing up to a huge, filled dumpster, that has all the reno landfill refuse in addition to a front-loader in the front yard digging up the entire front yard!

I took the photo later that afternoon when I was out with Sadie and you'll note that there is now a different big truck at play. Detail-oriented folks will have noticed the yellow of the sleep-robbing dirt-digger just behind the mega-truck.

I guess that with this writing practice, bothersome details=blog topic, so I shouldn't be cross. I sure am tired though.

No comments:

Post a Comment