Monday, March 30, 2009

Contemplating Karma




















I must have done something very, very, bad to the entire male gender in my previous life/lives.

Seriously rotten. Awful.

Perhaps I am being given the opportunity to pay off a lot of both-gender relationship debt in this lifetime?...if I can just keep my mouth shut and keep moving towards intimacy with people for whom I am not too scary or too harsh. People who "get" me and actually enjoy my company and the rest I need to let/be allowed to let fall away and keep moving.

What doesn't kill me makes me stronger.

What doesn't kill me makes me stronger.
What doesn't kill me makes me stronger


Sucker Punch*

Sucka sucka sucka
nursing on the teet of
trust and love and thinkin’ it was
safe to put down yo’ armour.


well b*tch, I got news for you--
you’re still a sucka sucka sucka
and I’m one mean mother f*cker,
so don’t go tryin’ to figure yo’ way out

cus’ I got you comin’ and goin’
and my favourite…the sideways punch
‘cus you are and always will be a
sucka sucka sucka.

*any individual who has unresolved guilt over interactions with me, Carly Simon has something to say to you: "...You're so vain, you probably think this song is about you. You're so vain, Ill bet you think this song is about you. Don't you? Don't you?..."

She also has something else to say:

"Most songs are a composite....most songs are.
CR: Was this one?
Carly: I don't know."

(from http://www.carlysimon.com/vain/vain.html)

And what I have to say is that this is an adult gender composite.

Photo Source: www.Flickr.com; Alive Film

No comments:

Post a Comment