Monday, March 16, 2009

Close Shave

Yesterday I learned the true meaning of a close shave when I had an as close an encounter with a straight razor that you can get, without being done in. I also learned earlier that day that one can still be vain even when one has metastatic cancer, is undergoing chemo, and is losing her hair...that someone of course is me and I have not been entirely pleased with my bald look.

In fact, I looked like 70's punk rocker who had had a mohawk, gotten tired of it, and then decided to get a buzz cut. It was mildly interesting to observe the female chemo-balding pattern that was occurring but it was getting a low score on the Zoё stylin' scale.

So...I walked into my local barber and got my head shaved with a straight razor.

Oh yeah baby...$18 plus tip and I went from chemo bald to kick-ass bald.

1 comment:

  1. OMG Zoe you look stunning without hair...you make cancer look good!! love reading about your adventures. you are a brave and beautiful warrior-ess and I always feel a little more brave and sure myself after connecting with your journey through this blog.
    much love to you and yours.
    nat.

    ReplyDelete