Monday, February 16, 2009

Crazy Sexy Cancer Haircut

Ta da!

Another silver lining to this whole metastatic cancer/chemo business. On Saturday I wrote about how fabulous it is to know in my lifetime how loved I am. And then as this added bonus--just because I want to spare myself from having to find scads of hair all over my pillow each morning when my hair starts to fall out--I end up with a stylin' vixie cut that actually suits me better than any haircut I've had for years. Too bad I'll only have it for a week or two.

But...according to the fabulous stylist I went to--Isabelle--I have a very nice shaped head and she predicts that I will end up going bald rather than wearing the wig that I have purchased. I'm not so sure...I found out when I went wig shopping with Charlotte that I also suit being a redhead.

So much learning, so little time.

3 comments:

  1. Yowie-wowie-zowie! Great looking locks; what an attitude 'do, Zoe. I think, speaking authoritatively as a Gemini, that a MORE feisty version of yourself (as a red-headed alias) is an excellent option. You can role play like on those TV crime dramas, the old good cop vs. bad cop. Now you have 'good hair do' and 'no messing with me' hair do for any cranky white coated types who dare to refer to you as a mere drug name. You are an incredible inspiration, chemo grrrrl. love, Cousin Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks fantastic, Zoe. You've inspired me to chop off my locks too. How are you feeling? When is your next treatment?
    I'm grateful that you have decided to share your journey with us. I think about you a lot.
    Hang in there and enjoy the haircut!
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the hair... LOVE the attitude!!!

    ReplyDelete