Monday, August 31, 2009

Help is Wanted and Needed

Dear Ones,

It's been a couple of months since I last posted. The kids and I have had a pretty good summer...the weather has been glorious as has been the break from the ever-so-scheduled busyness of the school year.
Despite all the downtime though, my energy level just has not bounced back and it is now crystal clear to me that I need help with things like grocery shopping, cooking, errands and kid chauffeuring. I may actually need to find two or more people depending on what Zach's hockey schedule turns out to be.
I know that a lot of you who have read the blog in the past are very good-thinkers and well-connected in the community, so I am going to ask for all of you to put on your thinking caps and forward me any leads of people who might be looking for a personal assistant type job that would vary from day-to-day. Any lead of any kind would be appreciated. Please feel free to pass on this request to anyone who might know of someone.

thanks,


Zoe

3 comments:

  1. Hi Darling,

    I know that it isn't easy to accept that help is needed when it comes to running a household and helping with our children. I am so glad that you have come to the decision to get some help to make your life a little easier. I have talked to a couple of friends in Vancouver today - just putting the word out there. I still think that it would be a good idea regarding Nate and hockey to post a job ad up at UBC. Also I believe that if his team was aware of your circumstances, many of the parents and coaches would step up and volunteer to get him to practices and games. I know that I would do it for any kid whose family was in the same situation. Hopefully you will be surprized at how willing to help people are.

    I adore you. I am so happy that I got to spend the weekend with you and our families up in stunning Tofino. Although you aren't feeling well, you are looking GORGEOUS. You've still got the funk! I am sending loving, kick-ass thougts of wellness your way.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zoe, I agree with Kelly - you do look gorgeous! It's hard to accept that you need help though I am so glad that you can ask for it. I have nieces who, although they all have full-time jobs, have friends and friends of friends and hopefully, one of them will be looking for a job.... I am currently unemployed so think of me as a stop-gap until you get someone more permanent.
    All the best and lots of good thoughts to you.
    Es

    ReplyDelete
  3. O.K., so the disadvantage of these blog things is that I can't edit my previous comment! What I meant when I said I am currently unemployed, is that I have time to help! I am not looking for you to hire me.....golly that's embarrassing. Anyway, while I am flexible with my time (hopefully till at least Christmas!), I am happy to help you in any way I can. I'll call you next time I go for groceries!
    Till then, take care.
    e.

    ReplyDelete